New York, NY
We’re XpresSpa, the leader in providing airport spa services. It is our commitment to exceptional service that has led us to become the largest airport spa service provider in the world. XpresSpa is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Facilities Manager .
The position is responsible for following up on repairs and safety issues for all XpresSpa Airport locations, warehouses, and offices, via phone, travel, and through ServiceChannel.
The Facilities Manager will be accountable for the daily management of all XpresSpa locations to positively impact the customer experience and maximize expense control. This position is accountable for dealing with vendors to ensure all Spa locations are maintained in a safe and visually appealing manner, managing vendor contracts and negotiations as needed. Responsible for the spa facilities ServiceChannel System and timely response to requests based on prioritization.
- Accountable for the XpresSpa facilities to ensure all Spa locations are maintained in a safe and visually appealing manner. Preventative maintenance for all areas of the Spa interior and storefront, HVAC, lighting, building repairs, housekeeping, possible renovations, capital projects and other areas identified by spa leadership.
- Reviews all open jobs via reports run on ServiceChannel and updates ServiceChannel via “Notes” to work orders and with phone follow-up with all spas in chain and vendors.
- Takes action to facilitate getting vendors to complete any delinquent or unfinished jobs reported by field or found while running reports and updating jobs.
- Responsible for new spa opening project turnover to Operations. Insuring punch list items are followed up with in a timely manner.
- When necessary, assists with emergency issues called in by spas by creating work order tickets on ServiceChannel. Directly selects and assigns vendors for these emergency issues.
- Performs occasional in-spa visits for safety and maintenance issues.
- Reviews and processes invoices for facilities and construction after obtaining the necessary approvals.
- Handles after hours emergencies remotely when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least 2-4 years of experience in a related field
- Past experience in Facilities Operation and/or Project Management is required
- Past knowledge of airport facility management is preferred
- Knowledge of construction methods and MEP functions
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create partnerships with internal XpresSpa employees as well as external individuals
- Ability to travel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of PC applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Sense of urgency
- Detail oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision or follow-up
- Experience is a fast paced, high end retail environment.